Monday, December 10, 2012

Resolutions


A few weeks ago I was feeling down in the dumps, completely stressed and outright awful. Leslie quality number one = honesty, so when my mom casually asked “hey how’s it going?” she got more than she bargained for. I laid it all out there and listed all my stressors in dramatic fashion. Being that it was my mom, I fully expected one of her lovely pocket responses: “I’ll pray for you,” “don’t worry,” “you’re special,” “do you need some money?”...something heartwarming yet under-constructive. What she actually said was completely unexpected and exactly what I needed to hear.  She said “Wow, that’s a lot of problems!! Work on one thing at a time.” 

She was right. Too many things, no where to start. I failed my previous challenge of 30/30 but I failed because it wasn’t me. While the list was great and I value all of your input and suggestions, the grand scheme of my life is not a weekend scavenger hunt. My goals should be what I want. I understand that doing things you may not want to do CAN actually lead you to amazing things that you DO want, but I have decided to start smaller for now. Plus, that’s where friends come in: bad decisions, peer pressure, regrets, fun. I am counting on you. 

The revised plan, like me, is more structured and simple. I will focus on 4 core areas: Physical, Mental, Emotional and Spiritual improvements. 

  1. Physical: Wear jeans and a t-shirt with no reservation
    I am sick of hiding under layers to cover my love handles.
  2. Mental: Challenge myself mentally
    Maybe a new hobby, a book, a skill, new job, etc. I am actually pretty smart, I just don’t use it.
  3. Emotional: Have some physical contact with an eligible male
    Anything from a hand hold to a relationship is acceptable. I just need to break the cycle. Celibacy is for the birds. I will feel better with human contact - it’s science.....and it’s been waaaaaay to long.
  4. Spiritual: Read the Bible - all of it 

pastedGraphic.pdf


As you may notice, these goals overlap in category- that is the point. I am going for an overall well-being.  Spiritual me= strong me=Skinny me=self-confident me=boyfriended me= physical me=happy? We shall see.  

Up next: The Ultimate Accessory - A Man.  

No comments:

Post a Comment